|Emma Corry, one of our trusted team members, is now a qualified Osteopath. She works on a Monday and Wednesday (12pm-7pm), and it’s wonderful to have the expertise of another musculoskeletal professional
in our clinic.You might, as so many of us, have a question on your mind right now: So what is the difference between Chiropractors and Osteopaths.
Emma (Osteopath) and Ingrid (Chiropractor) sat down a few weeks ago to try and answer this question. Instead of differences, we found that the similarities were more striking!
This is what we came up with:
- Chiropractic and Osteopathy are gentle and effective hands-on approaches to healthcare, based on the principle that the way your body moves influences how it functions.
- Both treat the same musculoskeletal conditions, mainly using
- Chiropractors and Osteopaths are both competent healthcare professionals, fully qualified to diagnose and treat without a referral from your GP.
At Blackfen Chiropractic, both our chiropractors and our osteopaths will provide:
- You with a chance to tell us about the problem that brought you to see us
- A thorough clinical examination
- A diagnosis
- A report of the examination findings, emailed to you for your reference and understanding
- Effective treatment and management of your condition
One difference that we could identify was that our chiropractic treatment appointments are 15 minutes in length and our osteopathic treatment appointments are 30 minutes. This is because our practitioners each have a unique style of treatment – if you would like more info on this, feel free to pick up our ‘Who’s who’ pamphlet when you are next in the clinic.
As a team of musculoskeletal professionals, we work together and draw on each others strengths, to best support you in reaching your health goals.